The Probus Clubs of Ennis
Abbey Probus Club
Ennis Probus Club
Joint Rally Chairmen:
- Liam Ashe & Gay Mangan
- Jackie Morris
(+353) (0)87 290 8546
Wednesday 13th & Thursday 14th May 2015
- Treacys West County Hotel,
Hotel Web Site http://www.treacyswestcounty.com/
Wednesday 13th May 2015
- 14.00 - 18.00
- Transport from train and bus station
to selected hotels in the Ennis area.
- 15.30 - 19.00
- Early Registration for delegates and accompanying guests
available at Treacys West County Hotel, Ennis.
- Pick up from hotels/guesthouses for Mayoral Reception and Concert,
at Treacys West County Hotel.
- Formal welcome for delegates and their guests to Probus Rally 2015.
- Welcome from the Mayor of Ennis - Councillor Johnny Flynn.
- Mayoral reception; including drinks and finger buffet.
- 20.00 - 21.30
- Musical entertainment programme.
- 'Forever Young' : Ennis over-70s Singing Group
- 'Ceoilteoiri na Mainistreach' ('Abbey Players')
Traditional Irish Music, song and dance.
- 21.45 - 23.00 (approx)
- Courtesy transport back to overnight accomodation.
Thursday 14th May 2015
Rally & Rally Lunch
- 08.30 - 11.00
- Transport from train and bus station to Treacys West County Hotel.
- Registration for delegates and accompanying guests begins,
McCarthy Loughnane Suite
with morning tea/coffee & biscuits.
- Pick up from local hotels to Treacys West County Hotel.
- Accompanying persons coach tour departs,
see details below.
- Delegates to be seated in the Inis Mor Suite.
- Welcome by Liam Ashe, Rally Co-chairman.
- Welcome by Mayor of Ennis, Cllr. Johnny Flynn.
- Greetings from the Rotary International District 1160 - Ireland,
Rotarian Verity Swan, Immediate Past District Governor,
Representing Rotarian Phillip Beggs, District Governor.
- Report on 2014 Probus Rally held in Coleraine;
Graham Kane, Coleraine Probus Club.
- Probus Reports by Rotary District Probus Liaison Officers -
- Rotarian Mary Sinnamon, Northern Region,
Past President Rotary Club of Carrickfergus.
- Rotarian Tom Pierse, Southern Region
Rotary Club of Cork
- Presentation of the Edwin A. Dunlop Perpetual Cup for Attendance -
by Joe Dilleen, President of Ennis Probus Club.
Won by Lurgan Probus Club.
- ADDRESS by the Guest Speaker - Mr. Martin O'Sullivan.
Senior Vice President of the Irish Rugby Football Union,
and President-designate for 2015-16.
- Vote of Thanks.
- Conclusion of the Rally.
- Transport to Train and Bus Stations for those leaving.
- Transport back to accommodation for those remaining.
Outing for Accompanying Guests
- Coach pick up at Treacys West County Hotel for Guided Bus Tour.
- Arrive at The Cliffs of Moher,
Visit the Interpretive Centre,
Experience the famous Cliffs of Moher.
- Leave the Cliffs of Moher and travel to Lahinch,
- Lunch at Lahinch Golf Club.
- Depart Lahinch Golf Club.
- Arrive back at Treacys West County Hotel.
Rally 2015 Photo Gallery