Hosted by: Athlone Probus Club
President: Eamon Doyle
Co-chairpersons of the Rally Organizing Committee:
- Fred Carney
Tel: (+353) (0)87 212 8842
Honorary Secretary, Athlone Probus Club
- Michael Martin
Tel: (+353) (0)86 834 7792
Honorary Treasurer, Athlone Probus Club
Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th, & Friday 17th May 2013
- Radisson Blu Hotel,
Hotel Web Site http://www.radissonblu.ie/hotel-athlone
Wednesday May 15th
- 14.00 - Visit to Athlone Castle, on Connacht side of the River Shannon.
- 17.00 - Early Registration for Rally.
- 18.00 - Transport, if required, to Mayoral Reception at Civic Centre.
- 18.30 - Mayoral Reception at the Athlone Civic Centre.
- - Welcome by Councillor James Henson, Mayor of Athlone.
- - Drinks Reception and Finger Buffet for Rally Delegates.
- - Transport to Shamrock Lodge Hotel.
- 20.00 - Concert at the Shamrock Lodge Hotel.
- - featuring The Athlone Choral Society,
- - Luan Tunes - an acapella Ladies Harmony Group,
- - Lanesboro' Harpist Society,
- - Guest Tenor Declan Kelly from the Three Tenors, Ireland.
- 21.15 - Informal Evening at the Shamrock Lodge Hotel.
- - Light refreshments,
- - Opportunity to mix and socialize.
- 22.15 - First bus back to overnight accomodation.
- 23.30 - Last bus back to overnight accomodation.
Thursday May 16th
Conference & Conference Lunch
- 09.30 - Registration begins, with morning tea/coffee.
- 10.00 - Music by the Army Band of the 2nd Brigade.
- Under the baton of Captain Declan Whitson, on the Hotel Terrace overlooking the Athlone Marina.
- 10.15 - Accompanying persons coach tour departs.
- 11.30 - Delegates to be seated in the Marina Suite.
- 11.45 - Welcome by Fred Carney, Rally Co-Chairman.
- 11.50 - Welcome by Councillor James Henson, Mayor of Athlone.
- 12.00 - Greetings from the Rotary International District 1160 - Ireland.
Verity Swan, District Governor Elect.
- 12.05 - Address by the Guest Speaker - Dr Harman Murtagh.
Introduction by Michael Martin, Rally Co-Chairman.
- 12.30 - Lunch
- 14.00 - Rally Business
- Presentation of the Edwin A. Dunlop Perpetual Cup -
by Past District Governor Rotarian Edwin Dunlop, for the Probus Club with the greatest attendance and greatest distance travelled to the Rally.
As usual over recent years won by Londonderry Probus Club.
- Report on 2012 PROBUS Rally held in Belfast.
- Report by the Rotary District Probus Liaison Officer -
Rotarian Mary Sinnamon, Northern Region
Past President Rotary Club of Carrickfergus
- Invitation to the 29th All-Ireland 2014 Probus Rally.
To be held in Coleraine, hosted by Coleraine Probus Club
N.B. Will be one week later than usual to avoid the North-West Motor Cycle Racing.
- 14.30 - Vote of Thanks. Conclusion.
- 16.00 - Transport to Train and Bus Stations for those leaving.
- 16.30 - Transport to view the International Indoor Athletics Track
at Athlone Institute of Technology.
Outing for Accompanying Guests
- 10.15 - Bus departs for Clonmacnois,
a 6th century monastic city founded by St Ciaran.
- 13.00 - Lunch at Hodson Bay Hotel on Lough Ree.
- 14.30 - Return by Viking Ship
via Lower Lough Ree and the River Shannon to Athlone.
- 15.15 - Arrive at Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone.
Friday May 17th morning
- Visit Luan Art Gallery and Athlone Castle.
Rally 2013 Photo Gallery