The Probus Clubs of Ballymena
Ballymena Probus Club,
Ballymena Pentagon Probus Club,
Ballymena Seven Towers Probus Club,
Ballymena Slemish Probus Club
Chair of organizing committee:
Wednesday 19th May & Thursday 20th May 2010
Wednesday - Musical evening & Mayor's Reception
Thursday - Conference & Conference Lunch
Tullyglass House Hotel,
Hotel Website http://www.tullyglass.com/
- Wednesday May 19th - Concert & Mayor's Reception
- 7.30pm - Musical Evening in the Braid Centre featuring young musicians from three local schools,
- The Wind Band of Cambridge House under their conductor Mr Lee Mathewson, and featuring the most recent winner of the Northern Ireland Young Musician of the Year, Craig Lutton.
- A wide range of traditional music from the young musicians and dancers of St. Louis, led by by Mr Kieran Convery with assistance from Miss Marese Mulligan and Mr Kieran Dempsey.
- Choral Music from the Junior Choir of Ballymena Academy under their conductor Mr Barkley Thompson.
- Music for the bagpipes from an outstanding young piper, Alan McPherson.
- 9.00 Mayor's Reception in the Braid Centre hosted by Alderman McAvoy.
- Thursday May 20th - Conference & Conference lunch
- 9.30 - 11.30 am - Registration in Main Lobby, Tullyglass House Hotel, with morning tea/coffee and scones.
- 11.00am - Accompanying persons coach tour of the North Coast with lunch in the Causeway Hotel at the Giant's Causeway.
- 11.45am - Delegates to be seated.
- 12.00 noon - Welcome by Rally Chairman
Mr William Harte, Ballymena Seven Towers Probus Club.
- Welcome by Councillor Robin Cherry Ballymena Borough Council.
- Greetings from the Rotary International District 1160 - Ireland
Barney Callaghan District Governor Nominee.
- 12.20pm - Address by the Guest Speaker - Dr Syd Millar, C.B.E.
- 1.00pm - Lunch
- 2.30pm - Rally Business
- Report on 2009 PROBUS Rally held in Limerick.
- Presentation of the Edwin A. Dunlop Perpetual Cup -
by Past District Governor Rotarian Edwin Dunlop, for the Probus Club with the greatest attendance and greatest distance travelled to the Rally.
- Reports by the Rotary District Probus Liaison Officers -
North: Rotarian Mary Sinnamon - Past Pres Rotary Club of Carrickfergus
South: Rotarian Paul Hillis - Past Pres Rotary Club of Dublin Viking
- Invitation to the 26th All-Ireland 2011 Probus Rally to be held in Mallow -
Mr Maurice Cahill, Secretary, Mallow Probus Club.
- 3.30pm - Vote of thanks and conclusion of the Rally Business -
Alex Blair, President Ballymoney Probus Club.
Rally 2010 Photo Gallery